Well, I suppose I need to start somewhere; How about a little intro?
I was born in the late late Sixties to white collar teachers in a blue collar steel town. My parents had a really hard time either bringing a child to term or having it live past birth. It must of been heart breaking for them but I'm not entirely sure because we just didn't talk about those things.
When I finally came along, I was given a grand name and was spoiled rotten but also taught to be a good polite English-Canadian boy. Life was grand even though I was painfully shy. Then one spring day in the mid Seventies the whole world changed. At the age of 7 I was given a little brother.
What a joy was and still is but it was his birth that really seems to have been some universal jumping off point for many things in my life. This is important to remember because as I peer into my crystal ball I have a feeling many a post will tie back into that moment - that time frame - when this stunning man was born.
So, I really have no idea how long blog entries are suppose to go for so as this is my first I think I'll keep it short and welcome feedback from dedicated bloggers.
In this blog I hope to tackle important and personal parts of this half of my life and all those bits that led up to this point. I'm going to cover a lot of mental health issues such as bipolar affected disorder, anxiety, suicide as well as moments that make me happy, sad or just worth mentioning.
I will close with something I heard Canadian Olympian Marnie McBean once say, "Control the controllable.".
I was born in the late late Sixties to white collar teachers in a blue collar steel town. My parents had a really hard time either bringing a child to term or having it live past birth. It must of been heart breaking for them but I'm not entirely sure because we just didn't talk about those things.
When I finally came along, I was given a grand name and was spoiled rotten but also taught to be a good polite English-Canadian boy. Life was grand even though I was painfully shy. Then one spring day in the mid Seventies the whole world changed. At the age of 7 I was given a little brother.
What a joy was and still is but it was his birth that really seems to have been some universal jumping off point for many things in my life. This is important to remember because as I peer into my crystal ball I have a feeling many a post will tie back into that moment - that time frame - when this stunning man was born.
So, I really have no idea how long blog entries are suppose to go for so as this is my first I think I'll keep it short and welcome feedback from dedicated bloggers.
In this blog I hope to tackle important and personal parts of this half of my life and all those bits that led up to this point. I'm going to cover a lot of mental health issues such as bipolar affected disorder, anxiety, suicide as well as moments that make me happy, sad or just worth mentioning.
I will close with something I heard Canadian Olympian Marnie McBean once say, "Control the controllable.".
Each entry of a blog you could add as long as you wish. Its your choice, its your blog. You put whatever that needs to be put in to the content.
ReplyDeleteI'm just saying it as it is. I'll get to the point eventually....I hope
Delete