Colour this....
There is a lot of theories around the psychology of colour. I've always been interested in it since I found out that one theorist (can't find the citation) told the founders of McDonald's that if they painted their "restaurants" yellow it would create a feeling of anxiety and make people want to eat fast and leave. The high volume turn over effect. That now seems to be in dispute (see Forbes below)
Though most that theorize on the psychology of colour all are pretty close but they don't always agree.
While an orange room will freak me right out a green room leaning towards the yellows calms me down. Yet, few things make me smile more than seeing a drop of orange in the world. A small orange flower. A web banner. A muppet.
Found some link on line. Mainly at random. Thought I'd add them in.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/amymorin/2014/02/04/how-to-use-color-psychology-to-give-your-business-an-edge/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-color-anxiety
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2584462/Does-McDonalds-make-feel-joyful-Infographic-reveals-psychology-colour-used-advertising.html
https://99designs.com/designer-blog/2011/09/08/how-color-impacts-emotions-and-behaviors/
....and one shameless plug for good measure.
There is a lot of theories around the psychology of colour. I've always been interested in it since I found out that one theorist (can't find the citation) told the founders of McDonald's that if they painted their "restaurants" yellow it would create a feeling of anxiety and make people want to eat fast and leave. The high volume turn over effect. That now seems to be in dispute (see Forbes below)
Though most that theorize on the psychology of colour all are pretty close but they don't always agree.
While an orange room will freak me right out a green room leaning towards the yellows calms me down. Yet, few things make me smile more than seeing a drop of orange in the world. A small orange flower. A web banner. A muppet.
Found some link on line. Mainly at random. Thought I'd add them in.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/amymorin/2014/02/04/how-to-use-color-psychology-to-give-your-business-an-edge/
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-color-anxiety
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2584462/Does-McDonalds-make-feel-joyful-Infographic-reveals-psychology-colour-used-advertising.html
https://99designs.com/designer-blog/2011/09/08/how-color-impacts-emotions-and-behaviors/
....and one shameless plug for good measure.
© Leonard Zimmerman


No comments:
Post a Comment